- 6 July, Semantic Trilogy Hackaton, "Making big data out of small contributions"
- 7 July, Tutorial, OBO Foundry 101: Collaborative ontology development, tool support and semantic web
- 8-9 July, 4th International Conference on Biomedical Ontology (ICBO 2013)
- 10 July, OGMS Workshop, (Ontology for General Medical Science) and 4th Canadian Semantic Web Symposium (CSCW 2013)
- 11-12 July, 9th International Conference on Data Integration in the Life Sciences (DILS 2013) I'll present my poster on CDISC2RDF in the poster session.
And to meet F2F interesting people in the W3C HCLS (Semantic Web Health Care and Life Sciences Interest Group). And people interested in ontologies and semantic web working for e.g. Sanofi, Novo Nordisk, Mayo Clinic.
- In 1999 I attended the W3C conference in Toronto. The WWW8 conference where I was absolutely thrilled by the power of the simple and elegant model of RDF triples. At the WWW8 I also heard Tim Berners-Lee talk about the Semantic Web for the first time.
- In 2007 I attended the WWW2007 conference in wonderful Banff.
"During the WWW2007 conference a breakthrough of the Linked Data idea happened in a session where web experts demonstrated the power of a new generation of the web, a web of data. For us attending the session it was hard to imagine the full potential on what this idea would mean for individual scientists and for a pharmaceutical company."
From Linked Data, an opportunity to mitigate complexity in pharmaceutical research and development, Bo Andersson and Kerstin Forsberg, LWDM 2011
And yes, I do hope to also get some time during the weekend to visit the Jazz Festival.